Our Mission & Vision
Loveland Storm FC is a community based soccer club, which offers players a higher level of competition and training at an affordable fee schedule. We are a player centered, family friendly club that executes with excellence, fun and a positive attitude.
Our mission is to:
- Grow players
- Have fun
- Give back
- Prepare for tomorrow
Role of Youth Sports
Sports is an incredible opportunity for youth to develop life skills.
- All players should have an opportunity to develop and grow
- Sports (soccer) is a vehicle to teach lifelong skills, provide a fun experience and develop community.
- Wins and losses and competition are best viewed in how children experience and learn life skills from them.
- Adults/coaches are incredibly important in their capacity to teach important life skills through the experience of sports
- Family and community are a critical foundation for the success of players and clubs
- We cannot take youth sports too seriously, it is a game for youth, not adults
Storm FC is part of the Loveland Youth Soccer Association which was founded in 1976 to bring organized soccer to the Loveland community. In 2006 Storm FC was formed to provide families in the community an opportunity for their children to play competitive soccer with friends, classmates and teammates from the recreational program.
Initially, our players came out of our recreational program. Today, our program has expanded, and Storm welcomes players from any community to consider playing for it.
Loveland Storm FC was started to provide an opportunity for players in our community and recreational programs to play on competitive soccer teams with friends, classmates and teammates.
Bringing Our Mission to Life
We want each player develop to his/her fullest potential.
We will utilize coaches and trainers who are passionate teachers, thoughtful trainers and patient instructors to advance the soccer skills of our players.
We value ball skill development as a foundation for success, and use a curriculum developed by Coerver Coaches train our players.
We believe soccer should be fun for our players and their families.
We believe soccer is best taught in an atmosphere of positive feedback.
We believe in celebrating success on and off the field.
We believe in investing in our community.
We believe it is a privilege to play soccer for Loveland Storm FC, and that soccer should not be just about ‘me’.
We want our players to see the needs of others in our community. Each team is expected to undertake a community service project each season as part of its investment in the community.
We want the experience of playing club soccer to help build skills that enable our players be better equipped for success throughout their lives.
We believe participation in Loveland Storm FC can help:
- Build character
- Develop responsibility and leadership
- Promote self accountability, and
- Teach the value of teamwork and perseverance.